EatFirst terms and conditions - corporate catering
Confirmation of your booking
EatFirst will send you an order confirmation by email with a 6-digit order reference number. An email from EatFirst confirming acceptance of your order represents confirmation of your order, unless the email states that it is a quote. If no email confirmation is received, the order is NOT accepted.
The order will be delivered and prepared as per the details in this order confirmation email. Please note that your order will arrive within a window of your requested delivery time. It is the customer's responsibility to review the details of your order and notify EatFirst of any omissions or corrections. The order confirmation is not an invoice for your order. Please refer to the invoicing item below for more information on the process.
Changes to your order
You are welcome to make changes to your order. However, changes made within 72 hours prior to delivery may not be accepted.
EatFirst will do its best to facilitate changes made with short notice, however, charges may be incurred. In the event a supplier cannot fulfil your order or part of your order, with your permission or notification, EatFirst will transfer the order to another supplier, or substitute unavailable menu items. Once notified or approved, the customer will be liable for full payment of the adjusted or transferred order. When a change is requested on your order, EatFirst will resend you your order confirmation reflecting the change and indicating the order is updated. More than 3 changes to an order may incur additional fees.
All cancellations are required in writing or submitted through EatFirst’s online platform.
- For orders less than £250, EatFirst will accept cancellation up to 48 hours prior to the delivery date requested for that order.
- Orders greater than £250 require a minimum 72 hours’ notice.
- Orders under our Functions and Events department require a minimum of 5 working days’ notice for cancellations to be accepted, orders for events over £2,000 may be subject to longer cancellation policies which will be agreed before comfirming your event.
- Orders cancelled after the above times may incur charges based on expenses incurred by EatFirst or the supplier. EatFirst will do its best to minimise these charges for you.
Please be advised that EatFirst’s suppliers will do their best to ensure your catering does not contain any of the items to which your guest is allergic. Please be advised however that EatFirst’s suppliers cannot guarantee your order may not contain traces of the substances to which your guest is allergic.
EatFirst and its suppliers will not take responsibility for any illness caused through consumption of catering containing traces of these substances or food groups. We recommend the severely allergic guests supply their own food from a reliable source that can guarantee no cross contamination.
Platter and equipment collection
In the event the customer has an order for a function, the supplier will collect their equipment within 48 hours after the function. Lost or broken equipment will be charged to the customer at their replacement value.
Please note all menu prices exclude VAT. The 20% Value Added Tax is added to those items that incur VAT at time of purchase. EatFirst will strive to maintain our prices, however, we reserve the right to alter prices without notice. EatFirst can only guarantee pricing on accepted orders for a maximum of 4 weeks.
EatFirst service fees
Please be advised that each order may incur a fee depending on how the order is placed, and the type of order placed. If the order is placed online no additional fees apply.
The additional fee is applied to the total value of the order. Please note that these amounts will be highlighted on any quotation issued, and all order confirmation documents, and they exclude VAT. The fees in the quote or order confirmation exclude any damage waiver fees, lost equipment fees, credit card payment fees, and late payment fees.
- For standing orders, an administration fee of 5% applies on each order, and the minimum amount is £1.95.
- For corporate catering orders placed over the phone or by email, a booking fee of 5.5% applies, and the minimum amount is £5.
- For all orders placed with our events department, an event management fee of 10% applies, and the minimum amount is £20.
EatFirst will issue an invoice after the order has been delivered. The invoice will reflect the items and prices outlined within the confirmation email. Invoices are issued by email based on the agreed payment type and invoicing frequency terms. Please refer to payment items below for more information.
Adjustments to your order post-delivery
In the event an order is missing any items, please notify EatFirst within 24 hours of the delivery and we will adjust your invoice. We cannot guarantee an invoice will be adjusted if we are notified of an omission more than 72 hours after delivery.
Customer payments shall be effected by way of cheque, electronic funds transfer (EFT), or our secure online credit card merchant facility. The customer's business account will be credited from the date a payment is received by EatFirst.
Note: A deposit may be required on certain orders, this deposit is non-refundable within 7 working days of event. Invoices are sent to your email address unless otherwise requested.
Credit card payment
EatFirst accepts all major credit cards. Credit card payments will incur a fee.
The customer undertakes to pay to EatFirst all amounts in the statement of account within 7 days of the date of issue of the Statement of Account, unless other terms have been agreed to.
Statements are emailed to your chosen billing address during the first week of each month. Payments by credit card are applied the day after delivery, however, we will apply a credit card preauthorization to hold funds up to the value of the order.
Payment not received within 30 days from the due date on the invoice will incur a late payment fee.
Limitation of liability and disclaimer
To the extent permitted by law, EatFirst will have no responsibility or liability for:
- Any refusal by a supplier or any other person to supply the product the customer seeks to purchase using the customer's business account, regardless of the reason for that refusal
- Products purchased by the customer from the supplier will be at the customer's risk upon delivery to the customer, or such place as specified by the customer or into the customer's custody (whichever occurs first).