How to order corporate catering: office catering tips
Whether you need corporate catering for a working lunch, conference, cocktail party, or the office Christmas lunch, there are many things you need to consider. To ensure nothing gets missed, we’ve created this simple guide for you. Check out our infographic below to help you get started when ordering corporate catering for the office.
Tips for ordering corporate catering
Before ordering office catering, some things you need to consider first include:
- Size of your group – whether it’s a small working lunch of 5 attendees to a large corporate function for 100, the size of your group will determine the type of food ordered
- Who will be attending your corporate event or meeting – will VIP clients be attending or is it just a casual affair with office staff?
- The time of day of the meeting or event – will it be held in the morning, lunchtime, late afternoon or will it run all day?
- How long will the function or event last?
- Your budget
Now that you’ve determined these things, here are 4 steps to ordering corporate catering and ensure your office lunch or corporate event is a success.
Set a schedule
- If you’re holding an all day meeting, training or conference, include short breaks throughout the day to allow your attendees to refuel. This will ensure they stay focused and productive.
- Don’t let your guests go hungry! Ensure lunch is built into the day’s agenda.
- Provide plenty of tea, coffee, juice, water and healthy snacks to keep your guests hydrated and focused.
Choose the perfect food for your event
To ensure your meeting or corporate function is a success:
- Pick food items that are easy to eat
- Choose simple and delicious food that won’t leave a mess on their clothes. Spaghetti bolognaise is probably not the best option for a corporate function or event!
- Avoid food items that could potentially get stuck in people’s teeth or make their breath stink
- Don’t forget to cater for special diets and allergies. Provide plenty of gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian options.
- Have the gluten free and vegetarian food options plated separately and label it so it’s clear
- Go for lighter selections for your menu. You don’t want your guests to fall asleep during the meeting due to a heavy lunch!
Preparation and clean-up
- Food should be set up and ready when the break begins. It can look unprofessional if you’re still setting up platters, plates, cutlery and drinks when guests come out of the room for their break. Having the food ready when the break begins also means guests can maximise their time to network, stretch their legs or get a bite to eat without waiting around.
- Consider providing corporate catering outside the meeting room. This will make it easier for you to set up and clear away the food platters and crockery without disrupting the meeting.
Corporate catering style
Depending on the type of meeting, type of guests attending and budget, there are many corporate catering menu options available to suit your needs, including:
Make your next business meeting or corporate function and event special.
Event planning services
- Staff hire
- Equipment hire, plates, cutlery, marquees, tents, tables, chairs, glasses
- Entertainment and music
- Decorations and flowers
- Liquor licenses or council permits
If you need assistance with your corporate function or event, speak to our experienced event planning team. We’ll take care of everything from start to end and ensure your event runs smoothly and is memorable for all the right reasons.
Corporate catering menu flexibility
Looking for something different? We have a wide variety of corporate catering menus to satisfy every taste. From Mexican catering to pizza, Vietnamese, sushi catering and Greek, if you’re looking to mix it up for your next working lunch, speak to the office catering experts at Order-In for recommendations and inspiration. We have a range of delicious cuisines that will please every tastebud.
Don’t forget to provide plenty of beverages!
- Soft drinks
- Tea and coffee
If you’re holding a cocktail party or networking event after your meeting, we can also assist with:
- Mobile bar hire
- Bartenders and wait staff
So, whether you’re new to ordering office catering or an old hand, use our handy guide to organise a memorable office event that everyone will love.
And if you’re still unsure or need a suggestion, speak to the corporate catering experts at Order-In. With over 18 years’ experience, we can recommend a delicious catering menu to suit your needs and budget. Best of all, you'll enjoy convenient delivery to your office in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth or Canberra.